Our emblem consists of the staff and snake of Aesculapius, the god of healing in Greek mythology. The addition of the single wing symbolizes the spread of peace through the alleviation of disease and ignorance.
For nearly 100 years, the Federation of Medical Women of Canada (FMWC) has been connecting Canadian women in the medical profession with each other, medical students, and the community. With 19 branches across the country, it’s easy to join to realize the benefits of professional and personal development that the FMWC brings its members.
Thousands of professionals are making FMWC an influential force in the Canadian medical profession by…
- Providing a unified public voice for women physicians;
- Promoting the interests of women physicians within medical organizations and the government;
- Advocating for and improving management of women's health issues;
- Influencing health care policies pertaining to women and the general population;
- Aiding and encouraging ongoing education of medical students and physicians; and
- Providing a forum for networking between women physicians at the local, national and international levels.