Skate Night for FMWC Members & Families (Ottawa)
Feb 4, 2015
Skate Night for FMWC Members and Families
Wednesday February 4, 2015, 7:00 – 8:30 pm
Rideau Hall, 1 Sussex Drive, Ottawa
FMWC members and their families are invited to skate at the Governor General’s Skating rink at Rideau Hall.
The skating rink at Rideau Hall was originally built in 1872, during the mandate of the Earl of Dufferin, Canada’s third governor general. Along with his wife, Lady Dufferin—who quickly became a keen skater herself—he organized many skating parties during his stay at Rideau Hall. Today, you can step back in time and go for a skate on this historic rink.
- The reservation was made under “Federation of Medical Women of Canada” to facilitate the site access at the gate.
- Parking on-site is available after 5:00 pm (accessed via Princess Gate, directly off Princess Ave).
- The rink is maintained on a daily basis; however, they cannot guarantee the ice conditions or maintenance if a snowfall occurs during a reservation.
- The rink at Rideau Hall is for leisure skating only. Hockey sticks, pucks and roughhousing are not permitted.
- Pets are not permitted at the facility.
- It is recommended that young or novice skaters wear helmets.
- Light snacks such as cookies and non-alcoholic drinks are permitted.
- Food and beverages must stay in the skating hut.
- A wood stove will be kept lit for heating purposes in the skating hut.
- Rideau Hall will provide music for our skating pleasure.
Reserve early! Limited to 24 people – first come, first served. To reserve your spot, please reply by email no later than February 1st and let us know how many people will be in your party.
Register by email: [email protected]
Hope to see you there!
Dr. Marina Straszak-Suri, Ottawa Branch President