The Maude Abbott Research Fund (MARF)* is a research grant which enhances the mandate of the Federation of Medical Women of Canada to promote the wellbeing of women and women physicians. The MARF provides financial support to female physician members who wish to complete research in women’s health, education, and promotion.
* MARF is a CRA approved Canadian charity founded by but legally independent from FMWC. Please consider donating today to this worthy endeavour and support women’s health research! You will receive a tax receipt.
Information regarding the application for the MARF grant:
- All active members, resident and student members of FMWC may apply for a grant for clinical research, education and promotion of women’s health.
- Topics for research, education and promotion of women’s health should be consistent with the goals and objectives of FMWC
- Applications will be reviewed and grants ($1,000 to $2,000) will be awarded by the MARF committee. The number of grants will be subject to the availability of funds
- Ethics approval will be the responsibility of the applicant. Funds will not be released until FMWC receives written confirmation of research ethics approval.
Nominations are open until December 31 and are overseen by a separate committee. Self nomination is encouraged.
***Please note that this application isn't complete until the National Office receives a copy of the nominee's CV via email at: [email protected].