For nearly 100 years, the Federation of Medical Women of Canada (FMWC) has been connecting Canadian women in the medical profession with each other, medical students, and the community. With branches in multiple cities across Canada, it’s easy to join your local branch and benefit from professional and personal development opportunities that FMWC offers to its members.
Thousands of professionals are making FMWC an influential force in the Canadian medical profession by…
- Providing a unified public voice for women physicians;
- Promoting the interests of women physicians within medical organizations and the government;
- Advocating for and improving management of women’s health issues;
- Influencing health care policies pertaining to women and the general population;
- Aiding and encouraging ongoing education of medical students and physicians; and
- Providing a forum for networking between women physicians at the local, national and international levels.
The Federation of Medical Women of Canada (FMWC) is a national organization committed to the professional, social and personal advancement of women physicians and to the promotion of the well-being of women both in the medical profession and in society at large.
FMWC seeks to be the networking and professional development home for all Canadian women in the medical profession while being the preeminent advocate for women’s health across Canada.